Tuesday, 21 August 2007
NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children ) petition
With a new Prime Minister taking residence in 10 Downing Street, a newly re-elected First Minister in Wales and new leaders for the Northern Ireland Executive, now is a great opportunity for the NSPCC to influence these governments to benefit children.
Children have the fundamental right to be safe wherever they are, in school, on the streets and at home. This right is not respected and I have just taken action to ask my new leader to make children a priority for their first hundred days in power.
Please join me in supporting this call to make children a political priority where you live.
Click here for the PETITION
You really can make a difference. Even if you cannot commit to fundraising or campaigning, a regular monthly donation goes a long way to providing the following services for children, amongst others:
- Services directly for children and families
- Child protection helplines and websites
- Public awareness, education and motivation to take action
- Partnership with other child protection organisations
- Professional training on safeguarding and child protection
- Research on the causes of, and effects of child abuse