Wednesday 15 August 2007

Grand gesture? Pass me the sick bucket!

Romantic farmer's son wins girlfriend's hand with 50-metre high proposal cut in cornfield | the Daily Mail

By the way, what is a sick bucket? Do they have a special aisle in supermarkets for them and labels saying 'These buckets are to be used for nothing else but projectile vomit.....'

And while we're on the topic, what is a toe-rag? A rag made specially for wiping your toes? Me no gerrit!!!

But back to the article. Me i don't dig these so-called grand gestures. For me to be tripped, it would have to be something that hasnt been done before. Forget about proposals on national tv on Jerry Springer type shows, or flashing names up during the trailers at a movie (sooooo last century), or writing stuff on the ground, flying banners in the sky etc etc.

9 comments:

Thirty + said...

Undacova, Undacova, Undacova. How many times did I call you. Your mum sent me to you she is concerned you are picky and now you are not easily tripped by grand gesture (lol).

If your mum should hear you on this one I am sure she will just throw her arm up in air (lol).

UndaCovaSista said...

Aaaah. No be so my sister, no be so. I dont know what it is, but no be so(lol).

Me, i'm a simple girl. As long as its a pleasant surprise i'll be happy. Emphasis on PLEASANT tho'. Those ring in dessert moves can easily end up in Accident and Emergency. God forbid!

Thirty + said...

Too practical for your own good meehn (lol), I feel you

Jennifer A. said...

lolllll....toe-rag, sick bucket...hmmm. I understand the sick bucket, but the toe rag is errmmm...

Atutupoyoyo said...

I like your standards undacova. Give me one week and I will come up with the type of proposal that will sweep you off your feet.

Toe-rag? Always wondered about that one myself

UndaCovaSista said...

@ jaycee - toe-rag is what we like to call a 'chavtastic' expression here in the UK.....That probably doesn't help very much does it (lol)

@Atutupoyoyo - Dat dere is fightin'talk and i've got witnesses too! All i can say is BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Toe rag?? Baba n'la nonsense!!

bighead said...

Have you seen that nokia advert where the guy proposes with pictures of the letters W-O-U-L-D-Y-O-U-M-A-R-R-Y-M-E? the problem with that is that the networks here would so twist that the gurl may receive W-O-U-L-D-I-M-A-R-R-Y-Y-O-U-?-N-O

UndaCovaSista said...

@bighead - Lol No i haven't seen the ad, but yeah, i take your point. that could be disastrous!