Sunday 30 September 2007

Overheard in Camden


Interesting Conversation
On my way to Sainsbury's yesterday, I turned off the High Street, taking a short cut to get to the Supermarket. About 100 yards in front of me, at the top of the side street i've turned onto, there is a couple - the woman sitting on the edge of the pavement and the man crouching beside her. Both are clutching beer cans. Both seem to be drunk and/or slightly spaced out. Both are black. The following conversation ensues.

Woman: People always treat me as if i'm ---- (i missed the last bit)
Man: It's because you're white, because you're white, because you're white.....

At this point, i had walked past them. But being the nosey so and so that i am, i had to do a double take, just to be sure my eyes hadn't deceived me.

They hadn't. She was black.


Marrakech trip update
I don't know why, but i can't seem to make myself blog about my trip. Perhaps i'm selfishly hanging on to the memories, savouring them for as long as i possibly can before sharing them with the world. Or maybe i'm just lazy. Your guess is as good as mine...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

loool....so u dey live around Camden town.

Femme said...

Is the drunk story for real?
thats just so funny.

Femme said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL NIGERIANS.

UndaCovaSista said...

@wienna - Well...it could be a number of things actually
1 - I was passing through
2 - The nearest Sainsbury's to me is in Camden Town
3- I work in the area
4 - ....you get the picture :)

@ Femme - That is a 100% true to life story o! I did not make it up

Arewa said...

Lol..Welcome to my world.. Thats camden town for u.. I see and hear the wierdest things everyday...
I believe u 110% jare...lol

Admin UD said...

hehehehehe...becos 'you're white'

Now they've surely passed the threshol level eons ago..lol!

Queen of My Castle said...

LOL...that was funny. I wish I could have seen it.

Nothing wrong with relishing in your memories as long as possible before sharing them with the world.

Carlang said...

Lol.
Maybe they had mutant powers....
probably not.
lol.
Hey
On a happier note.
heroes has begun....
My friends have gone download crazy..
DOnt tell me what;s happening,I'm saving them all until i have about six episodes to watch at a stretch..
pop corn.
Claire...
sexy jessica...

oh boy!!

NikkiSab said...

LoL i cant imagine d shock on ur face wen u heard dem..... soon de would have replayed d scene of 'I see dead people' I would av given anytin to av seen those two.

UndaCovaSista said...

@arewa - that place can be pretty weird..

@Ugo - i certainly think so

@Queen - thanks for understanding

@Carlang - yeah. the power to change skin colour within a microsecond! That's a good one. As per Heroes, i'm still on series one..

@Nikkisab - It was the highlight of my saturday afternoon

bighead said...

My guess: you are lazy. Don't worry, I am too

UndaCovaSista said...

@bighead - Lol. Lazy to blog tho', not lazy in general..